Popular Cafe in Braxton to Become Full-Scale Inn
Charleston Daily Mail, George Hohmann, May 31, 2007
Tim and Melody Urbanic, owners of Sutton's Cafe Cimino, are preparing to move to a former bed and breakfast on the Elk River.
Melody said the Cafe Cimino Country Inn is expected to open in July or August.
"It will be a full-scale country inn with cafe dining taking up the whole first floor and grounds," she said. Guests can dine outside on the veranda, at the bar or inside.
"We'll have breakfast," she said. "Guests can walk from their room down to the river to fly-fish for brown trout and rainbow trout.
They can canoe and kayak."
The inn will offer 10 luxury rooms: four in the main house, two suites made from former servants' quarters at the back of the house, and four rooms in an adjacent cottage.
The suites and cottage rooms come with balconies overlooking the river.
Cafe Cimino has been serving gourmet Italian fare inside a renovated hardware store at 400 Fourth St. in downtown Sutton since 1999.
The inn is two blocks away, at 616 Main St.
"The staff, the food, the hospitality are staying the same," Melody said. "We're just moving to a house out by the river. People have been telling me jokingly for years that they would like to just sleep here. They ask us to cook breakfast. They say, 'Why not have a bar?' Well, we're going to have all of that. We're so excited!"
In The News!
- Taking pizza to a new level
- Restaurant Road Trip
- Bloody Butcher Corn, From Field To Fork-Making Fresh Polenta At Cafe Cimino
- Eating WV
- Cafe Cimino Country Inn Reviews
- Cafe Cimino, Little Italy in West Virginia
- Elk River Water Trail
- Love of cigars leads Cafe Cimino chef to Honduras
- 2011 Achievement of Excellence Award From American Culinary Federation
- Best Chef America Honor
- WV Travel Team, Wine and dine at W.Va. B&Bs
- Blogspot Sutton Edition
- Unique Places to Dine
- WV Chefs Team Up for Locally Sourced Dinners
- Cafe Cimino Has Calhoun Connections
- This Country Inn and its Acclaimed Cuisine put Sutton on the Map
- What's This Doing Here
- Bed and Breakfast Consultation
- Cast Iron Cook-Off 2010
- Breathing New Life
- Official 2004 State Travel Guide
- West Virginia Executive Magazine
- Huntington Quarterly
- Wonderful West Virginia
- The Charleston Gazette